- Wash or rinse out thoroughly in warm water before initial use. The product is packed with an anti-mildew and anti-mold solution that should be rinsed out.
- If stuck together, do not peel apart! Soak for about 10 minutes in warm water. Better yet, wash with normal laundry – it will come out perfect!
- Store the clean, wet towel in its container. Sammy becomes hard when dry. Simply re-wet and it comes back to life!
- Machine wash with liquid detergent – do not use bleach!
- Do not dry in dryer!
- If towel has mold or mildew (brown or black spots), soak in a 5:1 solution (5 parts water for 1 liquid bleach) for about 5 minutes. NOTE: DO NOT BLEACH TYE DYE AQUA TOWELS.
AS A COOLING TOWEL
- Wring towel out after wetting with water.
- Apply to neck or skin as needed.
- If towel becomes warm, remove and wave or shake for 15 seconds – towel will cool off.
- Re-wet towel to increase cooling effect.
The "Sammy" Sport Towel was introduced by and named for Dr. Sammy Lee M.D. -- the 1948 and 1952 Olympic Gold Medallist in Platform Diving. Sammy is 88 years old and lives in Huntington Beach, CA with his wife Roz. He still makes frequent appearances and speeches all across the United States and beyond and is without question "The Diving Ambassador Of The World."
I just discovered your Blog and I think it is AWESOME! I cannot wait to read even more of your entries. Thanks for the great coaching and diving information!
I accidentally dried towel in dryer & upon discovering just wet again & hung on line; but now realizing should return to container wet. What are issues with towel if dried?? Thanks..
Post a Comment