- A -- ATTITUDE -- Better have a good one or you will not be successful (in anything)
- B -- BALANCE -- Such a critical part of every hurdle, takeoff and arm stand.
- C -- CHEESEBOARD -- has 189 "cheese holes" in it -- yes, I counted them!
- D -- DETERMINATION & DESIRE -- A diver must WANT to be great -- not going to happen by accident.
- E -- ENTRY -- The last thing the judges see. Should be vertical and with little or no splash!
- F -- FLEXIBILITY -- In order to do the BIG tricks these days (most are in pike position) -- a diver must be very flexible.
- G -- GUTS -- Being a diver -- especially a tower diver -- requires these.
- H -- HEIGHT -- With all dives, the higher you jump, the better.
- I -- IMPRESS -- Your dives better do this to the judges if you want to be successful.
- J -- JUDGES -- See letter "I" above.
- K -- KICKOUT -- There is a proper way and sequence for this -- better learn the right way!
- L -- LINEUP -- It does not matter how good the dive was, if you cannot line-up the entry, it will not score well from the judges.
CHECK BACK LATER FOR THE ABC's OF DIVING (M-Z)
THE FIVE "P's" OF DIVING:
"Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance"