- M -- MASTERY -- It takes years and years of practice to reach the top level of this sport.
- N -- NEVER GIVE UP -- If diving were easy, everybody would be doing it.
- O -- ON TIME -- It is better to be an hour early, that a minute late (for practice, meets, events, etc.)
- P -- PASSION -- Those who succeed in diving (or coaching diving) have this.
- Q -- QUICKNESS -- It is difficult to do the high DD dives if you do not have this physical attribute.
- R -- RIP -- If you cannot "RIP" a dive, chances are your diving career may R.I.P.
- S -- SMACK -- Avoid these if possible!
- T -- TOE POINT -- As far back as I can remember -- "flat feet" just do not bring rave reviews from the judges.
- U -- USE -- Use all resources available to make yourself a better diver.
- V -- VERY GOOD -- For judging purposes, a dive in the "Very Good" range should score from 8 1/2 - 10.
- W -- WASTE -- If you waste your time while at practice, it will definitely show at meets.
- X -- X-RAYS -- Poor kickouts or bad line-ups (especially on tower) could result in a trip to the hospital for some of these on your shoulders or wrists!
- Y -- YES -- Yes, you CAN do that dive!!
- Z -- ZERO -- An unsuccessful attempt or an incorrect dive results in this score from the judges.
Diving Words To Live By:
"You Cannot Expect Above Average Results With Below Average Preparation"