A FEW OTHER NOTES TO KEEP IN MIND ABOUT DIVING MEET TIME LINES
- Most Diving Meet Computer Programs have built in event time line calculators so if using one of these, your work to create a time line just became much easier.
- Be sure to clearly state that your time line is an ESTIMATED TIME LINE ONLY!
- Post your time line on your team or league website a few days in advance of the Meet so that coaches, divers and parents can log on and check it out.
- Post your time line at various places around the pool deck including the registration table, the score table, on the wall behind the diving boards, in the hospitality room and in the spectator seating area.
- Be sure to add one of the following “disclaimers” to your time line: Option 1: This time line is an ESTIMATE ONLY. If an event ends sooner than predicted we will NOT wait or slow down to in order to stick to the time line. It is the responsibility of the diver to arrive at the pool on time for the start of their event. We suggest you arrive AT LEAST ONE-HOUR BEFORE YOUR EVENT IS ESTIMATED TO BEGIN. Option 2: This time line is an ESTIMATE ONLY, however, we plan to stick to the time line. If an event ends sooner than expected, we will NOT begin the next event earlier than posted on this time line. Divers are responsible for arriving on time for their event.
- You may want to provide a cell phone number for divers, coaches and parents to call in order to check on the progress of the meet.
- You may be able to update the time line on your website as the meet progresses which would allow divers, coaches and parents to log on to check the progress.
Whatever way you decide to go, creating and sticking to a time line for your diving meet will earn favorable reviews from the coaches, divers and parents – and this is always a good thing.
As Always, Best Wishes for a Safe and Successful Diving Season!